How do I register a Domain Name?
A domain name (e.g. ausdomains.com.au) signifies your own unique address on the Internet. It is how your customers will remember you and find you among the millions of other web sites on the Internet.To register a domain name, all you have to do is go to our Home Page and lodge a search in the domain search box. You will be then told whether the domain is available or not.You can also check our domain name price and search at http://www.aobo.netDomain names can have up to 63 characters. This means that the domain name you choose can-have-up-to-63-characters.com.au - You will sometimes find references to 67 character domain names, this includes the dot and the letters c-o-m as an additional 4 characters.One of the advantages of longer domain names is that you can register phrases such as what-is-the-matrix.com or puff-the-magicdragon.com.au.The valid characters for use in all domain names are:
- Any of the letters a to z. Example abcdefg.com.au.
- Any numbers 0 to 9. Example 911.com.au.
- You may also use a hyphen (-) Example: place-hyphens-here.com.au.
- The domain can be a combination of numbers, letters and hyphens.
- The domain can begin and end in a number. Example: 9to5.com.au.
- The domain name cannot begin or end with a hyphen.
- The domain name must be a minimum of 2 characters long.If the domain name is available, then you may continue with the order. If not, please search again with another name.Note:To be eligible for a domain name in the com.au 2LD, registrants must be:
- an Australian registered company; or
- trading under a registered business name in any Australian State or Territory; or
- an Australian partnership or sole trader; or
- a foreign company licensed to trade in Australia; or
- an owner of an Australian Registered Trade Mark; or
- an applicant for an Australian Registered Trade Mark 1; or
- an association incorporated in any Australian State or Territory; or
- an Australian commercial statutory body.
Was this answer helpful?
If you are using our business web hosting services, we will setup your domain name and web...
Domain names are as a licence. As you hold the domain name licence you can do what you want with...
Our prices include all administrative and registry fees for the number of years you are...
(For aobo.net customers only, default name server delegation required. For ausdomains.com.au...
For aobo.net customers: To update domain name contact details, Log in to your account at...
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution